Judith, our Support Care Manager, has dedicated her Mushroom-Feta Pie to all the fun-guys in our lockdown life! The perfect bake to cure those lock down blues. Who will you dedicate yours to?
Free and Easy Mushroom Tart
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
• 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry or shortcrust pastry (or 300g block pastry, rolled out)
• Couple of handfuls of mushrooms (about 200g)
• Leftover cheese – cheddar, feta, stilton or mozzarella would work fine (about 200g)
• Handful cherry tomatoes (about 100g)
• 1 tbsp dried oregano or 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
1. Preheat oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F.
2. While the oven is heating, line a large baking tray with baking paper.
3. Unroll the pastry on the baking tray. If using block pastry, roll out on a floured surface and trim to fit.
4. Slice the mushrooms and scatter over the pastry.
5. Grate, cube or crumble the cheese on top.
6. Cut the tomatoes in half and place on top; scatter the oregano.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the pastry is puffy and golden and the cheese is bubbling.
8. Slice and serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
For a meaty version, add 150g bacon lardons or diced ham.