12th December 2019
First counselling session and discussed the following:
- Physical condition, consider daily exercises and walking regularly, try not to be concerned about current physical situation as apart from neuropathy, no problems and OK.
- Mental state, try not to think too deeply about the consequences to my wife and search for a cure for my condition.
- Going shopping (periodically) together with your wife would be a great benefit.
- Great pity as not able to travel to their London office, as would be able to join group activities.
- Felt slightly better after the session and agreed next meeting for 16th January 2020.
Counselling sessions held every 2/3 weeks since the initial meeting. Proving of great benefit, as able in an “open” and positive atmosphere to fully discuss my physical / mental state and events that have transpired since the previous session.
Due to Covid-19, sessions in 2020/21 have now switched to Zoom, which is more productive as can both see who we are talking to and our expression and reactions when discussing various issues.