Worry helps no-one.

Whatever your symptoms, it is vital that you go to the doctor.

Your GP will ask you about worries and symptoms.

The GP may do some tests, such as:

  •                 PSA test (blood test for prostate specific antigen)
  •                 A digital rectal examination (DRE)
  •                 Other tests (urine or blood)

After the GP has got the results (a few days later), the GP will talk to you again.

If you have a prostate problem, the doctor will arrange an appointment at the hospital.